Editors Canada-certified for excellence, I bring experience, training, and flexibility to writing and editing projects.
The short story: I provide developmental edits, manuscript evaluations, writing, consultations, and other services to clients ranging from individual authors to publishers, government departments, institutions, and corporations. I love good stories, respect writers, have decades of experience in education (online and print publications), dive into complex and visually rich publications, and have a special interest as an ally in reconciliation in Canada, Indigenous Peoples, and social justice.
The long story: To each project, I bring the experience of working on staff, freelance, and in business. Clients (present and past) and employers (past) include the Art Canada Institute, Pearson Canada, the Insurance Institute of Canada, Inhabit Education, GoodMinds, Page Two Strategies, JUMP Math, Oxford University Press, Scholastic Canada, Annick Press, Nelson, government departments, non-profits, corporations, and individual authors. Recent projects include:
- writing, structural editing, and stylistic editing for diverse audiences, genres, formats, reading levels, and interests
- working with subject matter experts to meet team goals for publications and continued professional development
- researching and developing reports for and proposals to governments
- maps, charts, and technical diagrams
- research, writing, and editing complex multilingual publications for the North
- editing for clear, plain language that engages the intended reader/user
- manuscript evaluations, structural, style, and copy-edits for fiction and creative nonfiction writers
- the full publication process—from concept development and research to writing, editing, review process, visual concept and design, to photo selection and art approval, and finally proofreading and publication
- regional, Canadian, American, and international readerships
- working with large teams, multiple reviews, and complex communication needs